- Full-time Position (Part-time available for the right candidate)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those who speak languages other than English are encouraged to apply
- Competitive Salary + Generous Non-For-Profit Salary Packaging
About the role:
This position sits within the Engagement and Inclusion cluster and supports the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Program
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Team aims to engage and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to manage their health care needs, provide care coordination services and to improve access to health services.
The teamwork across multiple cohealth sites and coordinate the Billabong BBQ program in the north, Foodshare Braybrook in the west and a Planned Activity Group. Other services include a Paediatric Clinic and a multidisciplinary clinic for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in out of home care.
The Facilitator is responsible for the delivery of high quality and safe program(s). Ensuring compliance with Funding and Service Agreements, maximising client experience and engaging and retaining the best people to deliver the right service in the most effective and efficient manner. This role draws upon extensive service delivery expertise to build capability through coaching and enabling team(s) to deliver an impactful service which undertakes quality improvement.
You possess well-developed communication skills, you liaise comfortably with a range of internal and external stakeholders. To be suitable for this position, you will possess;
- Extensive management and leadership experience working in community or public health with marginalised populations.
- An understanding of the physical, social, & cultural needs of aged Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and peoples in metropolitan and urban settings.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and welfare organisations in Victoria.
- Demonstrated skills and experience developing and leading team and organisational culture and delivering to performance objectives;
- Demonstrated success at leading, supervising and coaching staff to deliver high-quality care outcomes;
- Demonstrated high-level communication and interpersonal skills with capacity to work effectively with managers, staff and consumers whilst also expertly managing strategic partnerships;
- Successful track record of lifting team performance to improve care outcomes; Experienced in managing risk, financial management and compliance frameworks;
If you have the passion, dedication and drive to make a difference in achieving high-quality care with demonstrated success in working with clients then capitalise on this great opportunity, apply today!
Additional information can be obtained from the attached position description.
Applications for this position will close as soon as a suitable candidate is sourced, therefore we strongly encourage your application as soon as possible.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Brett Murphy on 0423 772 953
Who is cohealth?
We believe in developing our people, to assist in driving continuous improvement within the organisation. At the same time, we're dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish. We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference.
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
The successful candidate will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.