Specialist Team Support
- Two newly created Support Specialists positions to be filled!
- Competitive Salary + Super + Generous Not for profit Salary packaging
- Negotiable and flexible with hours
cohealth is one of Australia's largest community health organisations delivering a range of health and support services across Melbourne's CBD, northern and western suburbs.
Our mission is to strengthen community and make a difference to the lives and wellbeing of people, particularly of those who experience stigma and the risk of marginalisation. We create impact through a powerful combination of advocacy, innovation in service delivery, and partnership with consumers, communities and other stakeholders.
Our work is informed by human rights-based principles including participation, accountability, non-discrimination, empowerment and the practice of human rights standards.
We celebrate difference and welcome people of all cultural backgrounds, faiths, genders, sexualities and abilities.
About the roles:
We recently successfully won a grant submission through NDIA to deliver a new program called the Exceptionally Complex Support Needs Program (ECSN). This program aims to improve sector capacity to provide support coordination and mainstream services to NDIS participants with exceptionally complex support needs as well as providing crisis management support directly to these participants.
We have been commissioned by NDIA to deliver the three functions of this new program across Victoria:
- Sector and Community Development
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Crisis Referral Service (including afterhours response)
This program and the contracts will run from November 2019 through to June 2021.
We are now recruiting multiple roles to support this program.
- ECSN Specialist Team Support - Capacity Building
- ECSN Specialist Team Support - Crisis Referral
These two positions work closely together in ensuring all functions of the ESCN Program are delivered to their optimum. These roles drive the team to deliver an impactful service, ensure the team is equipped, engaged, clear on and accountable for their objectives.
Both roles will report into and support the Program Facilitator.
Whilst the roles are similar in nature, they support two separate functions of the Program. Additional Information about the two roles can be found in the attached Position description. The one document houses both PD's.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Brett Murphy on 0423 772 953.
You're an expert in your field with strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to support and drive the team to success. To be suitable for this position, you will possess:
- Demonstrated team leadership in a community or public health organisation working with marginalised populations;
- A comprehensive understanding of the key issues affecting people with multiple and complex needs (including mental illness, homelessness, disability, substance abuse, ABI or clients with current or previous involvement in the forensic system).
- Demonstrated experience developing positive team culture;
- Demonstrated experience supervising and coaching staff to deliver quality care outcomes, lifting performance when necessary;
- Commitment to client care that changes outcomes, including community participation and continuous quality improvement;
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering training and/or capacity building activities
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills with capacity to work effectively with managers, staff and consumers whilst also expertly managing strategic partnerships;
- Commitment to, and experience in delivering outcomes in Continuous Quality Improvement;
- Experience leading program operational requirements and managing strategic partnerships;
- Is a devoted lifelong learner who openly shares knowledge;
- Undertake a Human Rights approach to health care delivery.
Applications are being reviewed as they come in so don't delay and send through your application today!
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
The successful candidate will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.