Oral Health Leader
Full Time + ADO (Optional)
Location: Footscray & Niddrie
Permanent Senior Leadership Opportunity
About the Role
The position of Oral Health Leader is a continuing role with a focus on improving outcomes for the most disadvantaged communities, and sustainability. The Oral Health Cluster is one of four clusters in the Clinical and Practice Excellence Network. With a budget of approximately $8.9 million, the Oral Health Leader holds responsibility for the Oral Health Program and SRS Oral Health Initiative at cohealth.
The Oral Health Leader enables and supports oral health professionals to operate as a high performing and effective team and, over time, will identify enhancements that strengthen the team-based, self-management approaches. The role is responsible for inspiring and enabling a resilient and professional culture based on collaboration, innovation, accountability, with a focus on quality and evidence-based practice.
Our ideal candidate for this candidate will have:
- Undergraduate or post-graduate qualifications as a health or oral health professional, as well as post-graduate management qualifications;
- A depth of understanding of the oral health service sector and service provision, including associated clinical/practice governance and quality management processes;
- Experience in managing diverse and inclusive teams;
- Knowledge of, and experience in, self-managed teams and the process of implementing them;
- Proven ability in empowering teams, improving team performance and ensuring mutual accountability;
- A sophisticated understanding of and experience in the financial and business requirements of a department including track record in attracting program funding and developing viable and sustainable business models; and
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships or partnerships with existing and potential stakeholders.
- An awareness of the changing public health funding environment.
So why cohealth?
We may be a little biased, but we love where we work - really! cohealth aims to provide a rewarding work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We offer competitive salary, attractive benefits including Not for Profit ‘Salary Sacrificing' benefits on top of your salary, genuine flexible work options and career development training opportunities for people who really want to soar? We value reward and recognition and we like to have fun together - so yeah having a great work culture really matters to us here.
Additional information can be obtained by reviewing the attached position description.
Applications close on 22nd September @ 10.00pm
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)