Occupational Therapist, Grade 2
Full Time Role
Fixed term until June 2020
Based in Kensington
We have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and experienced Occupational Therapist to join our team and help deliver exceptional services to our clients!
About the role
This role is responsible for quality centre and community based services to individuals and groups within our community. This includes centre and community-based assessment, living skills training and management of clients with a wide range of medical conditions, disabilities, older people and their carers. Liaison with external organisations for comprehensive and effective follow-up for consumers is a key part of the role.
The successful applicant will work within a multidisciplinary team to provide holistic, client centred and coordinated healthcare. Using a strengths-based approach cohealth they will collaborate with clients, their carers and other service providers, to develop meaningful care plans. Use of Goal Directed Care Plans to formulate client centred services plans are at the core of our business.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Registration (or ability to register) with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency);
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse range of clients and co-workers, as well as a strong ability to work independently;
- A minimum of two years' experience as an Occupational Therapist;
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- A current driver's licence;
- An understanding and commitment to the principles of community health and chronic disease management; and
- A commitment to professional development and constant quality improvement.
So why cohealth?
cohealth is a human rights based health organisation and we value social equity, courage, inquiry and innovation and respect. In this role you will have an opportunity to bring these values to life.
You will enjoy a range of staff benefits including several options of flexible working arrangements and salary packaging which can significantly increase your take home pay and most importantly, job satisfaction!
Additional information can be obtained by reviewing the attached position description
Applications close on 23rd August 2019 @ 10PM
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)