Senior Mental Health Nurse
Fixed term contract for 1 year
Working at cohealth's clinic in Footscray
Being a Forensic Mental Health Nurse, you're already a compassionate, caring individual by definition. You wouldn't have a career if that weren't the case. But if you're empathetic, patient; if you're an innate problem-solver and thrive in a team setting, then you're exactly who we'd like to speak to
What We Offer:
We are one of Australia's largest and most recognised Community Health Organisations. Our search is for a like-minded Forensic Mental Health Nurse, passionate about the community and putting our client at the heart of all you do. In exchange for your hard work, you'll be well rewarded. In addition to your competitive take-home pay, you'll have our full support at each and every turn. And most of all, you'll appreciate the fact that you're now making a positive difference.
About the role:
This position plays a significant role in the implementation of this great program. Contributing to the development of key program documents as well as developing strong working relationships, with key partners across the region including with Community Corrections. Providing front line intake and assessment for the service for people on Community Corrections Orders and moderate mental ill-health. Working closely with a team of clinicians and staff to ensure evidence based brief interventions to support people to successfully complete their corrections order.
This position would be ideally suited to someone who:
- Possesses recent demonstrated experience in a mental health, alcohol and other drugs, and / or forensic health setting;
- Has extensive clinical capabilities, including mental health triage and assessment experience for people with complex needs;
- Has an understanding of relevant legislation and regulations related to the delivery of forensic mental health services
- Possesses a Well-developed interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, and a proven history of being able to illustrate strong EI qualities; and
- Has experience working with people from culturally and socio economically diverse backgrounds. The ability to speak a relevant community language would be an advantage.
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description
Applications close on 18th June @ 10.00pm
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)