Allied Health Assistant
Based in Collingwood
Full-time + ADO (optional)
Fixed term until July 2020
Not for Profit ‘Salary Sacrificing' benefits on top of your salary, increasing your take home pay
Have you successfully completed your Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance?
Are you enthusiastic and energetic person, with the ability to engage and motivate others to make healthy life choice?
Do you have experience and capability to facilitate effective exercise program?
If so, please continue reading
As an employee of cohealth, you will be joining one of Australia's largest community health organisations. Offering a comprehensive suite of services to clients and the community across Melbourne's CBD, Northern and Western Suburbs. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, you care for our clients and we care for you. Including by investing in your development and wellbeing. We offer a variety of career pathway options, leading salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements that help you manage your work and your life.
We are looking for someone that possesses:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as having the capacity to work independently;
- Experience in community based service provision particularly in working with older persons, young people with disabilities and their carers and low income and marginalised communities;
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles of community health and chronic disease management;
- Integrity, reliability, flexibility and respectful with the ability to have open, honest communication and relationships, with clear boundaries;
- Proficient with ICT systems with the ability to pick up new systems quickly; and
- Holds a current Victorian driver's license.
About the role:
Within this position you will experience variety, from involvement and delivery of land and water based exercises groups. To working closely with our Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology programs, as well as developing and running evidenced based exercise groups that are fun, motivating and effective. Supporting our multidisciplinary groups and programs, including some aspects of client care coordination and systems improvement. As well as work closely with our Aged Care Nurse and Occupational Therapists helping with case conferencing, referral administration and client follow up activities.
Are you keen to make a real difference? Join our dedicated team and enjoy the challenges.
Additional information can be obtained by viewing the attached position description
Applications close on 26th May @ 10.00pm
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)