Regional Development Coordinator (RDC)
Full-time (+ADO), fixed term position until end June 2019
Based in Footscray
We put our people first. We recognise that our success is a direct reflection of the calibre of our staff. We are dedicated to creating a working culture where you can flourish, and we work to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference. We also offer;
- Exceptional professional development and career opportunities
- A positive, innovative and supportive family friendly work environment
- Enjoy Not for Profit generous salary packaging options, which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay and reduce your taxable income
The key role of the RDC will be to facilitate and drive sector development and change management following the transition in July 2016, of Victorian Home and Community Care services for older people (people aged 65 and over and 50 and over for Aboriginal people) to the Commonwealth Home Support Programme which is administered by the Commonwealth Department of Health (DoH).
The RDC will provide implementation support to agencies, DoH and DHHS including:
- Building rapport with agencies to support them to understand and prepare for future changes and reform in the aged care and disability service sectors that will impact on their organisation and clients;
- Assist agencies to transition CHSP services towards national arrangements;
- Working with agencies to coordinate and provide consolidated information about regional issues, risks and opportunities to DoH and DHHS; and
- Working with DHHS and DoH to disseminate accurate and timely information about any changes in aged care and in the HACC PYP.
This position would be ideally suited to someone who has:
- The ability to facilitate change through effective consultation, negotiation and influence with key stakeholders, such as CHSP and HACC-PYP agencies;
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills in order to identify emerging local issues arising from the transition to CHSP, My Aged Care and the HACC PYP and to work reason through problems and facilitate solutions;
- Capacity to work at a broad strategic planning and capacity building level; apply systems thinking to understand the long term impact of actions in terms of achieving strategic goals and objectives; develop and implement systems and procedures to guide work and track progress.
- Highly developed project management skills and capacity to work in a complex environment, manage risks and issues and work to specific, measurable position objectives and monitor performance to achieve outcomes.
If you're ready to embrace a role with plenty of variety, for an organisation who is going from strength to strength? Then here is your chance!
To be considered for the role, you must address the Key Selection Criteria (with clear headings) within your cover letter. The Key Selection Criteria can be found in the attached Position Description.
Applications close 20th January @ 10.00pm
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)