Youth Residential Support Worker
Full-time + ADO (optional)
Based at our Essendon Site
If you're looking for an opportunity to work closely with the local community and are committed to providing support and assistance to those in the community that are experiencing challenges, then this is the place for you!
- Variety in work and a sense of achievement
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- A supportive, family flexible and autonomous work environment
- Enjoy Not for Profit generous salary packaging options, which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay and reduce your taxable income
cohealth's Youth Support Services manages programs for young people across the northern, western and inner catchments of metropolitan Melbourne. Our Youth Residential Rehabilitation programs support young people (aged 16-25 who have a diagnosed mental illness) for up to 12 months and are located in Essendon, Reservoir and St. Albans.
Our Youth Residential Support staff work closely as a team to provide flexible, intensive recovery-based support to young people who are experiencing mental health challenges. This is achieved by utilising both individual and group opportunities within a Collaborative Recovery Model. Working collaboratively with families, clinical supports and other internal and external service providers to ensure a holistic, best practice approach is maintained.
What you can bring to the role;
- Excellent knowledge of and/or experience in working with young people within a youth developmental framework;
- Experience in and/or understanding of residential service provision in health or community services, particularly mental health;
- A detailed understanding of Community Heath and the social model of health principles, mental health service delivery models of care underpinned by the principles of family centred and inclusive practice, trauma informed practice and approach and the collaborative recovery model; and
- Ability to communicate and model a vision that generates respect, enthusiasm and commitment.
A lived experience of mental illness and recovery as a consumer, family member or carer will be highly regarded.
Hours of work will be rostered shifts between 8am and 7pm, penalty rates apply for weekend work. A combination of weekday and weekend work will be required.
This position is based at our Essendon Site substantively, with some work required from the Reservoir site
Applications close on 11th January 2019 @ 10.00pm
We appreciate your eagerness in securing a job and we're just as eager to fill this role, so rest assured that we will be reviewing applications as they come through and letting you know promptly as to whether you have progressed to the next stage
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)