Occupational Therapist - Grade 2
- Full time/ Part time (0.6-1.0 FTE Negotiable), Ongoing
- Based in Footscray and Braybrook
- Generous Salary Packaging
- Work for a multi-award-winning iconic community health organisation
So why cohealth?
cohealth leads the way in reducing health and social inequity in partnership with people and the communities in which they live. Named Premier's Health Service of the Year (Primary) and the Supporting LGBTIQ+ Health Service at the Victorian Public Healthcare Awards, cohealth's 1000 staff demonstrate courage, leadership, innovation, and agility in their commitment to providing inclusive and culturally safe health services that protect the human rights of all people of all gender identities, sexualities, ages, cultural backgrounds, faiths and abilities.
Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging. Our aim is for everyone to thrive in their role. Please click here to find out more.
About the role
The Occupational Therapist will be responsible for evidence based, client centred assessment and care for people 18 years or older with a wide range of medical conditions, disabilities, ages, and their carer.
The role requires adopting a strengths-based approach to collaborate with clients, their carers and other service providers, to develop meaningful care plans. Liaising with external organisations for comprehensive follow-up for consumers and using Goal Directed Care Plans to formulate client centred services plans are key parts of the role.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
Your duties include:
- Providing evidence based, client centred and flexible Occupational Therapy service to clients or groups of clients including people from marginalised, vulnerable and CALD backgrounds
- Providing timely services across a range of funding sources including CHSP, Home Care Packages and HACC-PYP in line with agreed daily targets
- Facilitating an open therapeutic relationship where the consumers can inquire and learn about a range of health-related matters
- Providing Allied Health Assistant supervision and Grade 1 Occupational Therapy supervision
- Incorporating health education into direct care contacts using health literacy principles
What cohealth offers:
- Salary packaging to suit you - tax free amount of up to $15,900 p.a (mortgage, rent, or credit cards) and a further $2,650 p.a (meal, entertainment expenses and holiday accommodation) alongside generous reward programs from our salary packaging providers
- Novated Leasing available
- Counselling services for you and your immediate family through our EAP-Access provider, and mindfulness, resilience, and wellbeing programs
- We offer inclusion, equality, and opportunity in a workplace where making a difference counts (based on our guiding principles and values)
Our ideal candidate:
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy.
- Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or intend to register.
- Demonstrate clinical skills expected of a Grade 2 Occupational Therapist including effective assessment and intervention planning in line with innovative and evidence-based practice
- Registered State-Wide Equipment Program (SWEP) provider or willing to become registered
- Demonstrated knowledge of health literacy principles
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and answer the Key Selection Criteria. We will be conducting interviews for this role as applications are received. If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Jess Eastwood email@example.com