Allied Health Assistant
- Part-Time, Ongoing position
- Based in Footscray and Braybrook
- Generous Salary Packaging up to $15,900 p.a. and a further meal entertainment package of up to $2,650 p.a.
- Work for a multi-award winning iconic community health organisation.
So why cohealth?
cohealth leads the way in reducing health and social inequity in partnership with people and the communities in which they live. Named Premier's Health Service of the Year (Primary) and the Supporting LGBTIQ+ Health Service at the Victorian Public Healthcare Awards, cohealth's 1000 staff demonstrate courage, leadership, innovation, and agility in their commitment to providing inclusive and culturally safe health services that protect the human rights of all people of all gender identities, sexualities, ages, cultural backgrounds, faiths, and abilities.
Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging. Our aim is for everyone to thrive in their role. Please click here to find out more.
About the role
The Services Network provide a range of client centred allied health, medical, nursing, coordinated care, counselling and case management services across North and West Melbourne.
The Allied health Assistant at cohealth works in close collaboration with Allied Health professionals within a multidisciplinary team to provide holistic, client centred and coordinated healthcare. The Allied Health Assistant is responsible for quality community-based services to individuals and groups within our community, including home and centre-based assessment, living skills training and management of clients with a wide range of medical conditions, disabilities, older people and their carers.
This position will work closely with our Physiotherapy, Exercise Physiology programs, and Occupational Therapists.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
Your duties include:
- Provide high quality Allied Health Assistant service to clients and groups of clients in accordance with agreed targets and funding streams
- Provide a high quality and flexible Allied Health Assistant service to clients from marginalised backgrounds in consultation with allied health professionals
- Contribute to and participate in health education and promotion programs aimed at maximising good health and preventing illness
- Ensure safety and maintenance of equipment and supplies
- Maintain and complete client files and statistical/program records in keeping with the organisation's policy and funding requirements
What cohealth offers:
- Salary packaging to suit you - tax free amount of up to $15,900 p.a (mortgage, rent, or credit cards) and a further $2,650 p.a (meal, entertainment expenses and holiday accommodation) alongside generous reward programs from our salary packaging providers
- Novated Leasing and e-Bike Leasing
- Counselling services for you and your immediate family through our EAP-Access provider, and mindfulness, resilience, and wellbeing programs
- We offer inclusion, equality, and opportunity in a workplace where making a difference counts (based on our guiding principles and values)
- Completion of a Certificate IV Allied Health Assistant, or other relevant qualification
- Experience as Allied Health Assistant in a health setting
- The capacity to run an effective exercise group program with people of varying skills
- A passion for collaborating closely with people in order to assist them in attaining their health goals
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV. We will be conducting interviews for this role as applications are received. If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Jess Eastwood -Jess.Eastwood@cohealth.org.au