- Full time/ Part time (Negotiable), fixed term position until December 2024
- $117.30 hourly rate + Super + Salary Packaging
- Generous Salary Packaging up to $15,900 p.a. and a further meal entertainment package of up to $2,650 p.a. + 10.5% Super
- Flexible annual leave options + 2 weeks paid conference/study leave p.a.
- Monday to Friday, no weekend or on call work
- Family friendly working arrangements available
- Wraparound services in place to support our general practitioners
cohealth and Brimbank Partnership
In line with the Royal Commission's recommendations, Victorian Government has decided to establish 50 - 60 local mental health and well-being services. For this purpose, The Victorian government has championed cohealth to lead the development of these mental health hubs in Brimbank.
The design, development and delivery of all these services will be collaborative, and community focused. Along with partner organisations Clarity Health Care and the University of Melbourne, cohealth will be walking hand in hand with the community, local health providers, coworkers and people with lived experience of mental health to bring this service to life by the end of 2022.
cohealth's inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging. Our aim is for everyone to thrive in their role. Please click here to find out more.
About the role
Leading the development of Brimbank Local, cohealth is at the forefront of a once-in-a generation change in how mental health support is delivered in Victoria.
The purpose of this role is to provide general practice to consumers at the Brimbank Local Adult and Older Adult Mental Health Service. This includes comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments and establishing a therapeutic alliance that is respectful of a person's choices, experiences, and circumstances in developing a comprehensive treatment plan. The GP will work collaboratively with the broader multidisciplinary team to deliver client centred, evidenced-based, holistic care.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Offer patients and their families initial, comprehensive, preventive medical care to fulfil their needs.
- Actively contribute to discussions regarding the vision of medical clinics and suggesting ways to improve service quality, safety thereby boosting income
- Follow best practice and therapeutic guidelines in providing treatment and care to patients.
- Engage in meetings with doctors to share medical knowledge, understanding and skills with colleagues.
- Participate in research activities, pilot projects of new models and working with people from Brimbank target communities.
- Must have professionally recognised vocational training and qualifications as recognised by the RACGP.
- Independently provide and coordinate comprehensive medical care for patients, their families, and the communities we serve.
- Be proficient in minor surgical procedures, trauma-related procedures and any other procedures routinely conducted within the clinic.
- Participate in clinic staff meetings, clinic business and budget planning and other clinic-related activities that necessitate staff involvement.
- Provide home visits to the eligible clients as per appointment schedule.
All Healthcare workers in Victoria are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, you will need to provide evidence before commencing employment with cohealth.
What cohealth offers:
- Remuneration and Benefits based on AMA & Cohealth GP Single EBA inclusive of 10.5% Superannuation
- Salary packaging to suit you - tax free amount of up to $15,900 p.a (mortgage, rent, or credit cards) and a further $2,650 p.a ( meal, entertainment expenses and holiday accommodation)
- Reimbursements of professional memberships, professional education and specific work related equipment through salary packaging
- A generous rewards program to access discounts with a myriad of retailers
- Flexible annual leave options with a minimum of 4 weeks Annual leave (inclusive of a 17.5% Leave loading) and the ability to purchase up to 4 weeks additional annual leave each year along with public holiday entitlements.
- 2 weeks paid conference/study leave p. a.
- Rewards and Recognition Programs (The annual Celebrating Excellence Awards and service recognition)
- Free staff Immunizations and Vaccines
- Novated Leasing and e-Bike Leasing
- Counselling services for you and your immediate family through our EAP-Access provider, and mindfulness, resilience, and wellbeing programs
- We offer inclusion, equality, and opportunity in a workplace where making a difference counts (based on our guiding principles and values)
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and answer the mandatory preliminary questions about your application. We will be conducting interviews for this role as applications are received. If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact hiring manager Brett Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org .