Grade 3 Occupational Therapist
- Join a diverse workforce and enjoy our inclusive workplace culture
- Contribute to a shared goal of health and social equity
- Option for 1 ADO per month
cohealth leads the way in reducing health and social inequity in partnership with people and the communities in which they live. We are committed to providing inclusive and culturally safe health services that protect the human rights of all people of all gender identities, sexualities, ages, cultural backgrounds, faiths and abilities.
Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging.
Our aim is for everyone to thrive in their roles. That's why we're committed to enabling staff's full participation through promoting workplace flexibility and the provision of reasonable adjustments, as well as opportunities for attending staff-development to increase your skills and hone your practice
About the role
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract role.
The Practice Excellence Coach is a Grade 3 Occupational Therapist that provides a range of clinical education interventions within their discipline, to develop and enhance clinical skill and practice outcomes, underpinned by cohealth's learning culture.
The Practice Excellence Coach contributes to optimal client experience through building discipline-specific clinical capability and leading comprehensive quality improvement and clinical governance activities. The position comprises of 0.6 Clinical Lead and 0.4 Senior Clinician
Whilst positioned within the Healthy Ageing Cluster the Coach will support practitioners and Facilitators across the Services Network working within a variety of funding streams.
Your daily duties will vary but will include:
- Develops and enhances clinical practice excellence within discipline by:
- Facilitating communities of practice, clinical supervision, reflective practice and workplace coaching interventions, in accordance with cohealth's supervision Policy;
- Supporting evidence-based practice;
- Adopting adult learning strategies to support discipline-wide development skills and service delivery;
- Engaging external expertise to build internal best practice capability, where discipline-wide need arises;
- Ensures the quality of service delivery models for discipline are aligned to best practice and optimise impact on clients health, through undertaking clinical governance duties, championing organisational quality improvement initiatives, and nurturing clinicians to lift to the top of their scope of practice;
- Approaches all interactions and delivers all educational interventions with an innovation and improvement lens; driving everyday improvements to service delivery within discipline;
- Key clinical contributor to Service Redesign through researching and sharing knowledge of contemporary clinical ways of working, contributing to potential alternate models of care that deliver optimum client impact;
- Develops the discipline's capacity and capability to work to the top of their scope of practice and in self-organising ways, including peer coaching, peer conflict resolution, group problem solving, team performance monitoring and objective setting.
Additional information can be found in the Position Description attached on the cohealth careers page.
Who are we looking for?
- Extensive clinical experience in a relevant discipline;
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and code of practice in health care;
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, effective clinical governance and continuous quality improvement;
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills with capacity to work effectively with managers, staff and consumers;
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical education and ability to coach for performance excellence. Holds a broad repertoire of adult educational approaches to optimise learning outcomes;
- All Healthcare workers in Victoria are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, and will need to provide evidence before commencing employment with cohealth.
Why join us?
As part of our team, you will thrive through a culture of professional growth, workplace flexibility and staff health & wellbeing initiatives, flexible roster and hours to provide a work life balance.
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and answer the four questions provided on Talent Propeller. Please note we require a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to be considered for this role.
In line with our commitment to have a workforce that reflects the community we're serving, we strongly encourage applications from people that are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally diverse, LGBTIQA+ and/or with disability.