Recovery Support Coach
Are you looking for a new role in community health?
Would you like to support vulnerable clients to improve health and wellbeing?
Finish each work day knowing you have made a difference!
cohealth leads the way in reducing health and social inequity in partnership with people and the communities in which they live. We are committed to providing inclusive and culturally safe health services that protect the human rights of all people of all gender identities, sexualities, ages, cultural backgrounds, faiths and abilities.
Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging. Our aim is for everyone to thrive in their role.
About the role
The cohealth Psychosocial Support Service (PSS) provides individual and group-based community mental health support to consumers within Western metro Melbourne. The PSS Recovery Support Coach provides support to consumers across our PSS funded programs, who have a severe and enduring mental illness and experience reduced psychosocial functioning; are not eligible or assisted by the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS); would benefit from short term psychosocial support. The PSS program is a partnership program between cohealth and Jesuit Social Services. Some positions will require after hours and weekend support.
Additional information can be obtained from the attached position description.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or significant relevant experience, as well as a demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
- Sound understanding of challenges people with mental illness and their families face with a knowledge and understanding of recovery models of care, psychosocial support, youth developmental frameworks, and best practice evidence-based interventions, including the Collaborative Recovery Model.
- Proven recovery coaching and psychosocial support skills with demonstrated accountability to clients, team and management.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the team and a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure the provision of quality services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A sound understanding of diversity, culturally safe practice and impacts of stigma.
All Healthcare workers in Victoria are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, you will need to provide evidence before commencing employment with cohealth.
Why join us?
As part of our team, you will thrive through a culture of professional growth, workplace flexibility and staff health & wellbeing initiatives, flexible roster and hours to provide a work life balance.
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume, and answer the questions provided on Talent Propeller. We will be conducting interviews for this role as applications are received.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Bernard Heaney by email on email@example.com