Homelessness to a Home - Homeless and Community Support Worker
Full Time until September 2022
- Are you looking for a new role in community health?
- Would you like to support vulnerable clients to secure long term housing?
- Finish each work day knowing you have made a difference!
So why cohealth?
cohealth leads the way in reducing health and social inequity in partnership with people and the communities in which they live. We are committed to providing inclusive and culturally safe health services that protect the human rights of all people of all gender identities, sexualities, ages, cultural backgrounds, faiths and abilities.
Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging. Our aim is for everyone to thrive in their role.
About the role
The role of Homeless and Community Support Worker sits within our Homelessness to a Home (H2H) - North & South program. The Homeless and Community Support Worker will focus on supporting clients in emergency accommodation to exit into affordable long-term housing.
Additional information can be obtained from the attached position description.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or equivalent qualification and experience in the housing, mental health, disability or welfare sectors.
- Relevant professional and/or lived experience as well as a sound understanding of the key issues affecting people experiencing homelessness.
- Understanding of Social Determinates of Health and Trauma Informed Care Practices.
- Case management including care planning, comprehensive assessment, intake, advocacy and referral with clients who have a history of homelessness and multiple and complex needs.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking, supporting and coordinating assertive outreach and group activities.
- An ability to establish respectful professional relationships that have clear boundaries with consumers, staff and partner organisations.
All Healthcare workers in Victoria are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, you will need to provide evidence before commencing employment with Cohealth.
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume, and answer the questions provided on Talent Propeller. We will be conducting interviews for this role as applications are received. If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Alex Vowles by email on Alexandra.Vowles@cohealth.org.au