Homeless and Community Support Worker
Full Time, Fixed Term Position
So why cohealth?
At cohealth, we're passionate about human rights and health equity. We strive to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we're serving, as we know that makes us a stronger and better performing organisation. We value people of all experiences and identities, including all cultural backgrounds, faiths, gender identities, sexualities and abilities. Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging. We're committed to enabling staff's full participation through promoting workplace flexibility and the provision of reasonable adjustments for staff that require modifications.
About the role
The Homeless and Community Support Worker will support consumers currently staying in purchased emergency accommodation to exit into affordable housing. In partnership with Launch Housing and other agencies, case management support will use multi-disciplinary, assertive, integrated and flexible approaches which addresses immediate crisis support needs, through to longer term support to establish safe and affordable long-term housing.
Your daily duties will vary but your main focus will include:
- Assisting clients to access and transition in to longer-term housing options by providing assertive outreach-based case management support to individual clients.
- Support clients through comprehensive assessment, developing and reviewing care plans, referral, co-ordinating case conferences, client records and case discussions.
- Work collaboratively with specialist services to provide a coordinated response to improve clients physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Advocate on behalf of clients with other agencies to ensure access and delivery of services.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or equivalent qualification and experience in the housing, mental health, disability or welfare sectors.
- Relevant professional and/or lived experience as well as a sound understanding of the key issues affecting people experiencing homelessness.
- A detailed understanding of the Social Determinates of Health and Trauma Informed Care Practices.
- Case management skills along with experience in undertaking, supporting and coordinating assertive outreach and group activities.
- High level interpersonal skills and ability to support others with day-to-day problem solving.
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume, and answer the questions provided on Talent Propeller.
For any questions about the role please contact James Duffy by email email@example.com