General Practitioner - Various Locations
So why cohealth?
At cohealth, we're passionate about human rights and health equity. We strive to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we're serving, as we know that makes us a stronger and better-performing organisation.
We value people of all experiences and identities, including all cultural backgrounds, faiths, gender identities, sexualities and abilities. Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging.
We're committed to enabling staff's full participation through promoting workplace flexibility and the provision of reasonable adjustments for staff that require modifications.
About the role
The Medical team at cohealth provide holistic, value-based medical services across the Northern and Western suburbs of Melbourne. cohealth currently operate multiple community medical clinics, situated in Collingwood, Fitzroy, Kensington, Footscray, Braybrook and Laverton. Our Innerspace and Healthworks clinics focus on delivering cohealth drug safety services, while cohealth also oversee additional sites in Fitzroy North and West Footscray that are based on a profit-for-purpose model.
All sites provide a wide range of medical, allied health and oral health services at some locations. Other onsite services offered to vary according to the local need and may include refugee health, drug and alcohol services, paediatrics, mental health, homeless supports and occupational medicine as well as general family health.
The General Practitioners (GPs) are well supported by Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses on-site interpreters and administration teams including Practice Managers and Client Service Officers (CSOs). cohealth has many programs a GP can access to assist with a client's care, including extensive support for clients with chronic conditions. GPs work collaboratively with the broader health team to deliver client-centred, evidence-based, holistic care.
Your daily duties will vary but will include:
- Must have professionally recognised vocational training and qualifications as recognised by the RACGP.
- Maintain professional registration with the Medical Board of Victoria.
- Independently provide and coordinate comprehensive medical care for patients, their families and the communities we serve.
- Maintain their professional competence for General Practice through participation in the RACGP QA and CME Program, Centre-wide in-service programs and sector-related training.
- Are bound professionally by a "Duty of Care" and therefore must be aware and act according to the Profession's Code of Ethics and Standards of Care as set by the Australian Medical Association and Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
- Maintain all client personal and health information within the limits of the Health Records Act, 2000, National Privacy Principles 2001 and per the RACGP "Code of Practice for the Management of Health Information in General Practice".
- Maintain professional, accurate and contemporaneous patient records and other documentation in accordance with the RACGP Standards of General Practice, 4th Edition.
- Administer treatments in accordance with the policies of cohealth.
- Provide all data required by the HIC for billing, incentive payment and rebate purposes.
- Provide the patient and his/her family with initial, comprehensive, preventive, coordinated and continuing medical care.
- Will be a resource to clients, doctors and other Health Centre staff in clinical matters.
- Provide treatment and care to patients in accordance with best practice and therapeutic guidelines.
- Support and counsel patients in a professional manner and in accordance with professional guidelines.
- Provide emergency and urgent medical attention to clients and staff.
- Be proficient in minor surgical procedures, trauma-related procedures and any other procedures routinely conducted within the clinic.
- Conduct health assessments, pre-employment medical examinations and industrially related medical examinations.
- Immunise children and adults in accordance with National schedules and best practice.
- Be proactively involved in patient health/disease management through care planning, case conferencing, health assessments and routine recalls.
- Accurately record all relevant MBS items during the consultation and maximize the use of all relevant MBS Item number during individual consultations
- Make the best use of supports, tools, nursing and reception to reduce administrative tasks and time spent on non-billable activities
- Refer clients to appropriate health providers in a timely manner.
- Consider working with clients requesting pharmacotherapy as part of usual practice (for up to 5 clients) and consider undertaking training to enable the increased volume of pharmacotherapy clients.
- Actively participate in discussions regarding the vision and directions of the medical clinics and provide ideas about ways to improve service quality and safety and maximise income
- Actively participate in the cohealth medical clinic accreditation and quality assurance programs.
- Participate in Doctor meetings and share professional knowledge and skills with colleagues and students.
- Maintain infection control in accordance with Centre policy.
- Participate in clinic staff meetings, clinic business and budget planning and other clinic-related activities that necessitate staff involvement.
- Participate in the Centre's Professional Development Process (PDR).
- Provide services in a manner that is sensitive to the cultural background of clients
- Participate in the identification of risks to the organization
- Participate in the supervision of and support for medical students and registrars
- Participate in the development of KPIs which will be regularly reported including measurement of financial performance, clinical safety and quality
- Work with Practice Manager in meeting individual monthly income targets
- Provide home visits to the eligible clients as per the appointment schedule.
- Participate in the evening and weekend rotational roster.
- Maintain care of the clinic car, and all medical and office equipment used on and off-site to ensure efficient operation of the clinic and quality patient care.
General Organisational Requirements:
- Support cohealth strategic priorities through participation in research and quality improvement activities, piloting of new models and work with people from cohealth target communities
- Review regular performance reports and achieve agreed benchmarks
- Report on all areas of responsibility against performance targets as required.
- Undertake specific projects or tasks as directed by the Practice Manager.
- Maintain information systems on relevant resources and implement relevant administrative procedures and systems.
- Participate in regular supervision meetings and an annual Individual Development Review process with the Regional Manager. Maintain and develop standards of practice and skills by pursuing internal and external professional development opportunities.
- Promote and represent the Centre as a caring, professional, and client-focused organisation, and its range of primary health and social support services.
- Adhere to Workplace Health Safety and Well Being standards within the organisation.
- Participate in the identification of risks to the program and organisation.
- Adhere to all Centre policies and procedures
Commitment to the philosophy of cohealth:
- Commitment to the philosophy expressed in the centre's vision, goals and values statements
- Commitment to working within a service which includes targeting of marginalised communities
- Commitment to providing services in a manner that is sensitive to the cultural background of clients.
- Represent cohealth in public forums as required and in line with the code of conduct
Additional information can be obtained from the attached position description.
- RACGP Vocationally Registered General Practitioner.
- Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria current Practicing License.
- Commitment to working within a community-focused whole of population health approach, recognising the importance of providing a medical model within a holistic health response
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Ability to work as a constructive team member.
- Interest in working with a diverse cultural and linguistic client population including the capacity to work with interpreter services.
- Computer literate and the ability to use the PC as an integral diagnostic tool.
- Current Drivers Licence
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and answer the questions provided on Talent Propeller.