Communications and Engagement Manager
So why cohealth?
At cohealth, we're passionate about human rights and health equity. We strive to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we're serving, as we know that makes us a stronger and better performing organisation.
We value people of all experiences and identities, including all cultural backgrounds, faiths, gender identities, sexualities and abilities. Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging.
We're committed to enabling staff's full participation through promoting workplace flexibility and the provision of reasonable adjustments for staff that require modifications.
About the role
Part Time (.8 EFT) - Monday to Thursday
This position sits within the Experience Network and leads the Internal Communications Team.
The Communications and Engagement Manager is responsible for providing sound, strategic, operational advice and innovative solutions to complex matters. They are also responsible for communicating with and building the engagement of the organisation's internal and semi-internal audiences - our staff, community volunteers and advisors.
Your daily duties will vary but will include:
- Develop, implement, deliver and regularly evaluate cohealth's overarching internal communications strategy, policies and procedures
- Oversee, produce and disseminate leadership communications;
- Provide support to the Chief Executive, members of Executive Hub, Executive Lead - Experience Network and Board;
- Work creatively with managers to provide high level advice and develop communications strategies to engage staff using various communication approaches;
- Use a capacity building approach through coaching and mentoring methods to assist leaders to manage communication themselves;
- Contribute to building cohealth's culture by developing a shared understanding of strategic and operational ways to communicate across the organisation;
- Support the messaging for a range of change management projects of varying sizes within the organisation;
- Support Strategic projects through developing communications plans that enable key leaders to profile, build excitement and ultimately lead and manage the change;
- Build staff engagement through optimising storytelling that builds internal connections and empathy for eachother plus grows comprehension cross organisationally of cohealth's impact;
- Develop, manage and be accountable for work plans, performance indicators and budgets, and produce reports, papers and briefings for the Executive Leadership Team and Board as required;
Additional information can be obtained from the attached position description.
- A tertiary qualification in Communications or related discipline;
- Extensive experience developing and implementing internal communication strategies that effectively engage, develop and inform staff;
- High level experience in leading or supporting the effective delivery of organisation wide change management projects of processes, with well developed influencing and negotiation skills;
- High Level communication skills - written, verbal and visual - including the ability to produce a variety of print and digital publications and communications;
- Highly effective management skills and demonstrated ability to manage a team to deliver strategic and operational objectives to a high standard;
- Proven ability to work with, support, engage and build relationships with a wide variety of people, including but not limited to Board members, executive leaders, management, staff, consumers and clients from diverse backgrounds;
- Proven ability to develop, deliver and report on work plans, to work collaboratively, and to lead and effectively manage the performance, output and development of direct reports with accountability to clients, co- workers and management; and
- Personal alignment with cohealth's vision, mission and values.
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and answer the questions provided on Talent Propeller.