Health Concierge - COVID Response
Casual positions available
Who is cohealth?
At cohealth, we're passionate about human rights and health equity. We strive to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we're serving, as we know that makes us a stronger and better-performing organisation. We value people of all experiences and identities, including all cultural backgrounds, faiths, gender identities, sexualities, and abilities. Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging. We're committed to enabling staff's full participation through promoting workplace flexibility and the provision of reasonable adjustments for staff that require modifications.
About the role
The Health Concierge is responsible for monitoring the health and wellbeing of all residents who are moving in and out of the Flemington and North Melbourne towers under Stage 4 restrictions and other associated functions as directed by the Team Leader/Line Manager.
Your daily duties will be diverse and include:
- Provide masks - Offering masks to all residents leaving the building and must be provided to all central care workers entering the building
- Provide education on donning/doffing masks - Provide advice on how to put on and take off a mask
- Provide up to date information on COVID-19, including the stages of the roadmap
- Wellbeing check-in - If a resident indicates that they could benefit from some wellbeing support, provide them with relevant information regarding the primary healthcare service, Cohealth, who are on-site
- Act as a link between cohealth and the community - find out the needs of the residents and respond through supporting the creation of relevant engagement information
- Experience with community engagement or faciliation
- Experience with face to face customer service
- Enjoy working within a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Strong communications skills
- Reliability and flexibility