Program Facilitator, Consumer Directed Care
So why cohealth?
At cohealth, we're passionate about human rights and health equity. We strive to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we're serving, as we know that makes us a stronger and better-performing organisation.
We value people of all experiences and identities, including all cultural backgrounds, faiths, gender identities, sexualities and abilities. Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging.
We're committed to enabling staff's full participation through promoting workplace flexibility and the provision of reasonable adjustments for staff that require modifications.
About the role
The Program Facilitator, Consumer Directed Care is responsible for the planning, development and day-to-day operational management of the Indigo and NDIS allied health services in accordance with relevant legislation, targets and budgets. The principles and standards for delivering these programs will be in accordance with funding body specifications, current best practice, and the strategic directions of the program and cohealth.
The Program Facilitator, Consumer Directed Care will ensure service provision remains client centred, and outcome focused, ensuring outcomes are effectively measured and promote recovery and change to assist the achievement of outcomes for clients. This position will support the financial development and NDIS growth strategy of the program ensuring that the program reflects cohealth's values, evidence based best practice, demonstrate innovation, are evaluated and are accountable to funding bodies.
Your daily duties will vary but will include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Specialist Coordination, NDIS Support Coordination and NDIS OT services, ensuring the provision of service in accordance with all relevant legislation
- Maintain and develop relationships with relevant government departments including MACNI, DHHS, DOJ, TAC, NDIA and LAC's
- Take a lead role in service development and integration including the continued development of standards, practice models, guidelines and procedures for existing services such as NDIS, TAC, MACNI and new services such as the NDIS Occupational Therapy program
- Undertake business development activities to support the expansion of Cohealth's consumer directed care service
- Make recommendations regarding future targets, budgets and financial sustainability through the development and review of business plans for areas of new or significantly changing business
- Ensure that the team is appropriately staffed to meet current and future needs through the development of new roles, identification of staff recruitment needs and training and development of existing staff
Additional information can be obtained from the attached position description.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and extensive experience in the mental health, general health, housing, disability, drug & alcohol, justice, youth or welfare sectors
- Ability to manage a team across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and management of client directed packages and community services and programs
- A sound understanding of the key issues affecting people with multiple and complex needs including disability, mental illness, housing insecurity, health and safety issues and social connection
- Experienced leader with a demonstrated accountability to clients, staff and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience in the development of reports, funding submissions and recommendations on complex service issues
- Extensive experience in working effectively with stakeholders and negotiating with other services, government departments and peak bodies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships with relevant community, mental health, health and government organisations
- A sound understanding and the ability to work with people from CALD backgrounds, different genders and ages
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and answer the questions provided on Talent Propeller.
For any questions about the role please contact Mo Connolly by emailing Mo.Connolly@cohealth.org.au