General Practitioner - Laverton
- Opportunities for GPs (VR & Non-VR) to join cohealth Laverton and work in metropolitan DPA approved area
- Generous Salary Packaging up to $15,900 p.a. and a further meal entertainment package of up to $2,650 p.a. + 10.5% Super
- Flexible annual leave options + 2 weeks paid conference/study leave p.a.
- Monday to Friday, no weekend or on call work
- Family friendly working arrangements available
- Wraparound services in place to support our general practitioners
So why cohealth?
At cohealth, we're passionate about human rights and health equity. We strive to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we're serving, as we know that makes us a stronger and better-performing organisation.
We value people of all experiences and identities, including all cultural backgrounds, faiths, gender identities, sexualities and abilities. Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging.
We're committed to enabling staff's full participation through promoting workplace flexibility and the provision of reasonable adjustments for staff that require modifications.
About the role
The Medical team at cohealth provide holistic, value-based medical services across the Northern and Western suburbs of Melbourne. cohealth currently operate multiple community medical clinics, situated in Collingwood, Fitzroy, Kensington, Footscray, Braybrook and Laverton. Our Innerspace and Healthworks clinics focus on delivering cohealth drug safety services.
All sites provide a wide range of medical, allied health and oral health services at some locations. Other onsite services offered to vary according to the local need and may include refugee health, drug and alcohol services, paediatrics, mental health, homeless supports and occupational medicine as well as general family health.
The General Practitioners (GPs) are well supported by Registered Nurses, on-site interpreters and administration teams including Practice Managers and Client Service Officers (CSOs). cohealth has many programs a GP can access to assist with a client's care, including extensive support for clients with chronic conditions. GPs work collaboratively with the broader health team to deliver client-centred, evidence-based, holistic care.
Your daily duties will vary but will include:
- Independently provide and coordinate comprehensive medical care for patients, their families, and the communities we serve
- Provide the patient and his/her family with initial, comprehensive, preventive, coordinated and continuing medical care
- Provide treatment and care to patients in accordance with best practice and therapeutic guidelines
- Support and counsel patients in a professional manner and in accordance with professional guidelines
- Actively participate in discussions regarding the vision and directions of the medical clinics and provide ideas about ways to improve service quality and safety and maximise income
- Keep the clinic car well maintained, and all medical and office equipment used on and off-site to ensure efficient operation of the clinic and quality patient care
- Support cohealth strategic priorities through participation in research and quality improvement activities, piloting of new models and work with people from cohealth target communities
What cohealth offers:
- Remuneration and Benefits based on AMA & Cohealth GP Single EBA inclusive of 10.5% Superannuation
- Salary packaging to suit you - tax free amount of up to $15,900 p.a (mortgage, rent, or credit cards) and a further $2,650 p.a ( meal, entertainment expenses and holiday accommodation)
- Reimbursements of professional memberships, professional education and specific work related equipment through salary packaging
- A generous rewards program to access discounts with a myriad of retailers
- Flexible annual leave options with a minimum of 4 weeks Annual leave (inclusive of a 17.5% Leave loading) and the ability to purchase up to 4 weeks additional annual leave each year along with public holiday entitlements.
- 2 weeks paid conference/study leave p. a.
- Rewards and Recognition Programs (The annual Celebrating Excellence Awards and service recognition)
- Free staff Immunizations and Vaccines
- Novated Leasing and e-Bike Leasing
- Counselling services for you and your immediate family through our EAP-Access provider, and mindfulness, resilience, and wellbeing programs
- We offer inclusion, equality, and opportunity in a workplace where making a difference counts (based on our guiding principles and values)
Commitment to the philosophy of cohealth:
- Commitment to the philosophy expressed in the centre's vision, goals and values statements
- Commitment to working within a service which includes targeting of marginalised communities
- Commitment to providing services in a manner that is sensitive to the cultural background of clients.
- Represent cohealth in public forums as required and in line with the code of conduct
Additional information can be obtained from the attached position description.
- RACGP Vocationally Registered General Practitioner
- GP's (Non -VR and VR)
- Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria current Practicing License
- Commitment to working within a community-focused whole of population health approach, recognising the importance of providing a medical model within a holistic health response
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Ability to work as a constructive team member.
- Interest in working with a diverse cultural and linguistic client population including the capacity to work with interpreter services
- Computer literate and the ability to use the PC as an integral diagnostic tool
- Current Drivers Licence
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and answer the questions provided on Talent Propeller. If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Eric Makoni - Eric.Makoni@cohealth.org.au