OHS & HR Partner
- Full Time 3 month max term - immediate start
- Ability to be flexible with start and finish times
- Located in Footscray/Working From Home
Welcome to cohealth. A not-for-profit community health organisation that strives to improve health and wellbeing for all and lead the way in reducing health inequity in partnership with people and the communities in which they live.
About the role
In this newly created role you will work directly with the COVID Response team to enable alignment and compliance with cohealth's COVID Safe Plan, OHS and human resources functions. Reporting to the Workforce Planner you will work collaboratively with the WHS Manger and Accreditation manager to undertake COVID site safety assessments using approved audit tools and schedules.
- Develops content for OHS Inductions for COVID Response teams and facilate these inductions;
- Partners with COVID Response structure leadership to ensure awareness and compliance with cohealth's COVID Safe Plan;
- Undertakes investigations for COVID+ employees, including contact tracing, scoping and implementing support solutions to enable self-isolation (including close contacts), arranging suitable internal communications and writing of all COVID+ reporting (internal and external);
- Provide quality advice and coaching on Generalist/ER & IR advice to business leaders;
- Deliver accurate interpretation and implementation of EBA's and cohealth policy, including impacts of significant change;
- Completion of administrative tasks e.g. documentation, filing, auditing;
- Review and support the coordination of response to complaints of bullying, harassment and discrimination in a timely manner;
- Ensure compliance with Fair Work, NES and other relevant legislation including EBA's & Acts;
- Carry out duties in a manner that does not adversely affect their own health and safety of others by reporting all incidents and injuries as well as cooperating with any measures introduced in the workplace to improve Work Health & Safety (WHS);
- Undertake special projects or tasks as required
- Additional information can be obtained by reviewing the attached position description.
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources
- Demonstrated experience in Occupational Health and Safety and generalist ER/IR knowledge
- This role is required to undertake regular COVID-19 tests and share the results with cohealth to ensure suitable support of incumbent's health and minimise risk of spread within cohealth;
- Demonstrated skills in developing cooperative and outcomes focused working relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders
- Sound decision making skills with a focus on identifying and understanding issues, strengths and opportunities;
- Be competent with computer systems and other technology relevant to the position
- Capacity to work alone and respond to emergency situations as they arise
- Valid current Victoria driver's license, Police Check and Working with Children's check
Having a great work culture really means a lot to us. And a big part of that is having values that are aligned with one another - and with cohealth! This is why we're looking for someone that reflects cohealth's values of Inquiry and Innovation, Respect, Courage, Social Equity, and Trust.
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)