cohealth Bi-cultural Internship Program - APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
Free training program with an opportunity for payment to develop a project for your community
To be considered for this rare and exciting opportunity
- Come from a refugee-like background
- Be bi-lingual with English and a relevant community language
- Have strong connections to your community
- Have good interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Have a strong interest in supporting community strength and wellbeing
- Be confident in sharing your thoughts and ideas, cultural knowledge and lived experience with a wide range of stakeholders.
Participants of the bi-cultural internship program will engage in weekly capacity building workshops, that will develop their skills in bi-cultural work including;
- Community advocacy
- Strength based practice
- Group facilitation and leadership
- Project planning and development
Workshops will be every Thursday from 10:00am to 1:30pm in Footscray and will begin in August 2019. Lunch will be provided, and participants will receive $50 for every workshop they attend.
Individuals who complete the training may be casually employed to design and deliver a mini project with their community.
To apply for this internship, please provide a resume, along with answers to each of the questions below.
Alternatively, you can respond by submitting a video of yourself responding to the questions.
Please communicate your first language:
Please communicate other languages:
- Explain why you are interested in the internship program and why you think you would be good at it. Give examples
- Are you passionate about your community? Tell us why? Give examples.
- How are you involved in your community? are you involved in any community groups, volunteer work or supporting people in your cultural community? Give examples
- Do you have any relevant work experience, here or in your home country? If so, please explain and give examples.
Please email your responses and your resume to Jasmine Phillips by 5pm Monday August 5th, 2019. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call Jasmine on 03)94486094
Please find more information below
Information video from Jasmine: https://youtu.be/K6e9G1fxR_k
Promotional video from past interns: https://youtu.be/a36A-cBW4Q4
Internship Program - Times and Dates: https://we.tl/t-9xngri0f0b
Application form: https://we.tl/t-ANyeZDzxXl
Bi-cultural website: https://www.cohealth.org.au/bi-cultural-worker-hub/
Who is cohealth? www.cohealth.org.au