Allied Health Assistant
Full-time + ADO (optional)
Fixed term until June 2020
NIddrie Better Health Team
Working as part of cohealth you will enjoy a values based organisation, with benefits including:
- An opportunity to contribute to the care and quality of life, for our clients
- Great team environment with variety in the role
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Not for Profit ‘Salary Sacrificing' benefits on top of your salary
The Allied Health Assistant position provides a supportive role to the various Allied Health programs and services including Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology programs as well as other disciplines as required. The role will involve the delivery of land and water based exercises and facilitates evidence based exercise groups that are fun, motivating and effective. Care is provided utilising appropriate evidenced based interventions. Including a focus on educating and empowering clients to adopt self-management strategies to improve their health which is underpinned by health literacy principles.
As our Allied Health Assistant, your responsibilities will include to:
- Monitor and modify clients' individual treatment programs in consultation with allied health professional;
- In collaboration with our Physiotherapists and Exercise Physiologists provide safe and effective land based and water based exercise programs relevant for chronic pain, falls and general needs using a continuous quality improvement approach;
- Maintain and complete client files and statistical/program records in keeping with the organisation's policy and funding requirements;
- Provide a high quality and flexible Allied Health Assistant service to clients from marginalised backgrounds in consultation with allied health professionals; and
- Refer, consult and liaise with staff within the organisation and other local agencies to ensure a holistic multi disciplinary approach to health care provision.
You will value interacting with professionals and thrive on working in a supportive culture founded on teamwork, integrity and social responsibility. To be successful in this role you have the following:
- Completion of a Certificate IV Allied Health Assistant, or other relevant qualification;
- Experience as Allied Health Assistant in a health setting, preferably with experience in Occupational Therapy;
- The capacity to run effective exercise groups/programs with people of varying skills;
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles of community health and chronic disease management; and
- Demonstrated experience assisting in developing, implementing and evaluating preventative and community education / health promotion programs.
Additional information can be obtained by viewing the attached position description
Applications close on 21st July @ 10.00pm
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check