Dietitian, Grade 2
Part time 0.6-0.8 EFT, ongoing
Based within our Footscray Better Health Team
What We Offer
We are Australia's largest and most recognised Community Health Organisations, committed to high performance, engaging team culture and investing in our people. We believe passionately that everyone deserves the very best treatment and are committed to providing exceptional service and client care in a relaxing, trusting and respectful environment. We can offer you:
- Generous not for profit salary packaging options, which can significantly increase the value of your take-home pay
- An opportunity to contribute to the care and quality of life for our clients
- A progressive and supportive working environment
cohealth services at the Footscray Community Hub include Allied Health, Counselling, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Health and Medical Services. As part of this fabulous program, our Allied Health team provides community based multi-disciplinary services to both individuals and groups. As the dietitian, you will be responsible for the assessment and management of clients with a variety of nutritional problems, assisting in the prevention and management of chronic disease. Our services utilise a health-promoting approach and self-management strategies.
The primary responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing expert clinical assessment and clinical dietetic interventions to clients with a variety of nutritional problems;
- Providing a welcoming environment where consumers are able to inquire and learn about a range of health related matters and engage in self management;
- Assisting clients to identify and achieve dietary and lifestyle goals, through the development of goal directed care plans; and
- Developing and implementing Quality Improvement activities.
Offering a collaborative approach and enthusiastic attitude, your skills and experience include:
- Tertiary qualification in dietetics, Accredited Practising Dietitian eligible for membership of the Dietitians' Association of Australia;
- Experience in the delivery of community-based and outreach dietetics services;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles of community health;
- Highly developed skills of organisation, planning and problem solving;
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating a range of preventative and community education/health promotion programs; and
- Working alongside a team of health professionals to ensure maximum outcomes to achieve best client outcomes.
Additional information can be obtained by viewing the attached position description
Applications close on 1st May @ 10.00pm
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)