Paediatric Occupational Therapist
- Part-Time, Ongoing
- Based in Niddrie, Collingwood, Braybrook, North Melbourne
- Increase your take home pay with a generous Salary Packaging
- Work for a multi-award winning iconic community health organisation
So why cohealth?
cohealth leads the way in reducing health and social inequity in partnership with people and the communities in which they live. Named Premier's Health Service of the Year (Primary) and the Supporting LGBTIQ+ Health Service at the Victorian Public Healthcare Awards, cohealth's 1000 staff demonstrate courage, leadership, innovation, and agility in their commitment to providing inclusive and culturally safe health services that protect the human rights of all people of all gender identities, sexualities, ages, cultural backgrounds, faiths, and abilities.
Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging. Our aim is for everyone to thrive in their role. Please click here to find out more.
About the role
The Child, Family Health Program provides a range of allied health, counselling, specialist family services and generalist roles to support local communities.
Paediatric services are primarily offered at four sites - Braybrook, Collingwood, Niddrie and North Melbourne.
The Paediatric Occupational Therapist is responsible for quality community based occupational therapy services to children from 0-6 years of age within North/West metropolitan regions. This includes assessment and treatment of children utilising client centred practice, health coaching, education, and prevention strategies. The position will be primarily based at Collingwood, Braybrook, North Melbourne or Niddrie but may be required to work from other sites.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
Your duties include:
- Provide ethical, evidence-based, flexible, professional family centred and goal-directed Occupational therapy for individuals and groups of children
- In collaboration with the Child and Family Health Team, oversee the day-to-day occupational therapy service ensuring the provision of high-quality care for children with delay in the areas of fine motor, sensory, self-help and play skills
- Review and manage the paediatric occupational therapy client caseload and waiting list
- Assess, plan, and provide treatment for children utilizing health education and prevention strategies as appropriate
- Maintain and complete client files and statistical/program records in keeping with the organisation's policy
What cohealth offers:
- Salary packaging to suit you - tax free amount of up to $15,900 p.a (mortgage, rent, or credit cards) and a further $2,650 p.a (meal, entertainment expenses and holiday accommodation) alongside generous reward programs from our salary packaging providers
- Novated Leasing available
- Counselling services for you and your immediate family through our EAP-Access provider, and mindfulness, resilience, and wellbeing programs
- We offer inclusion, equality, and opportunity in a workplace where making a difference counts (based on our guiding principles and values)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Registration with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency)
- Demonstrated clinical competence including sound decision making skills with a focus on identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating occupational therapy programs for paediatric clients
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and answer the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Position Description. We will be conducting interviews for this role as applications are received. If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Lorena Wright - Lorena.Wright@cohealth.org.au