Diabetes Nurse Educator (Diabetes Clinic Coordinator)
- Join a diverse workforce and enjoy our inclusive workplace culture
- Contribute to a shared goal of health and social equity
- Option for 1 ADO per month
cohealth leads the way in reducing health and social inequity in partnership with people and the communities in which they live. We are committed to providing inclusive and culturally safe health services that protect the human rights of all people of all gender identities, sexualities, ages, cultural backgrounds, faiths and abilities.
Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging.
Our aim is for everyone to thrive in their roles. That's why we're committed to enabling staff's full participation through promoting workplace flexibility and the provision of reasonable adjustments, as well as opportunities for attending staff-development to increase your skills and hone your practice
About the role
This position sits within the Healthy Ageing cluster. The role aims to reduce unnecessary hospital admissions by providing intensive diabetes management support for clients with diabetes in the community, through participating general practices and community health services.
The Diabetes Nurse Educator (Diabetes Clinic Coordinator) provides education, support, clinical management, care planning and coordination for complex clients with diabetes in collaboration with their regular general practitioners and the broader complex care team. In addition, the clinic coordinator is responsible for developing and coordinating the Diabetes clinics across cohealth.
Your daily duties will vary but will include:
- Develop a service delivery model of care incorporating clinic processes and procedures that balance efficiency, value for service and best practice. Effectively integrate clinical care and self-management, promoting sustainability with current funding streams
- Develop Goal-Directed care plans in collaboration with the client
- Promote client-centred care. Support the client to gain the information, knowledge, skills, motivation and confidence they need to adapt to life with diabetes. Educate the client to manage their condition and make decisions about their care that fits their lifestyle, beliefs and culture.
- Make referrals to internal and external services on behalf of the client to promote optimal health and wellbeing.
- Facilitate health partnerships with internal and external services providers
- Develop and support the management of effective referral pathways into the clinic.
- Coordinate Case conferences with GPs and other allied health providers
Additional information can be found in the Position Description attached on the cohealth careers page.
Who are we looking for?
- Post Graduate Diabetes Educators Course accredited by Australian Diabetes Association (ADEA)
- Current Division 1 Registration with the Australian health Professionals Registration Agency (AHPRA)
- At least 2 years' experience as a Nurse Educator
- ADEA Credentialed Diabetes Educator
- Demonstrated care coordination and leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience working with marginalised communities and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Why join us?
As part of our team, you will thrive through a culture of professional growth, workplace flexibility and staff health & wellbeing initiatives, flexible roster and hours to provide a work life balance.
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and answer the four questions provided on Talent Propeller. Please note we require a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to be considered for this role.
In line with our commitment to have a workforce that reflects the community we're serving, we strongly encourage applications from people that are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally diverse, LGBTIQA+ and/or with disability.