Community Development Officer
- Join our diverse workforce and enjoy our inclusive workplace culture; Australian Workplace Equality Index (LGBTIQA+ inclusive employer) Bronze Award 2021
- Contribute to a shared goal of health and social equity
- Thrive through a culture of professional growth, workplace flexibility and staff health & wellbeing initiatives, flexible roster and hours to provide a work life balance
Why chose us
cohealth leads the way in reducing health and social inequity in partnership with people and the communities in which they live. We are committed to providing inclusive and culturally safe health services that protect the human rights of all people of all gender identities, sexualities, ages, cultural backgrounds, faiths and abilities.
Working at cohealth
Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging.
Our aim is for everyone to thrive in their roles.
About the role
cohealth in partnership with The Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH) is delivering the Paving the Way Forward Program, a program works with residents, community groups, local government and service providers in the North Melbourne and Flemington public housing communities to help solve local problems and build on local strengths.
The Community Development Officer will be part of a team with the Paving the Way Forward Site Managers and Resident Participation Officers to deliver community engagement activities, capacity building and co-designed initiatives with the residents of the Flemington Estate.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Lived experience or a member of the Flemington high rise estates with strong connection to current residents on the estate or
- Experience with working or volunteering on projects in the Flemington estate with local community groups and/or organisations.
- Ability to engage people from a diverse range of professional and non-professional backgrounds as well as cultures and capabilities
- Experience in facilitating community participation in organisation planning
- Current WWCC Check - essential
Click on apply now to be directed to cohealth's careers page. You will be asked to upload your resume (CV) and answer four questions. Please note a cover letter is not required.
Please see the Position Description for all details.