Registered Nurse-Community Health Nurse
- Salary sacrificing available
- Inclusive & Diverse work culture
- Full-time or Part-Time available
- Fixed term contract to 31 December 2021
Welcome to cohealth. A not-for-profit community health organisation that strives to improve health and wellbeing for all and lead the way in reducing health inequity in partnership with people and the communities in which they live.
About the role
This position sits within the Covid Response Cluster and works as part of the High Risk Accommodation Response (HRAR) to prevent Covid transmission and improve preparedness and outbreak management for residents and workers in the high rise estates.
Working from a Social Model of Health framework, this role will work with the community to gain a deeper understanding of the health, wellbeing and social needs and strengths of individuals, families and the community. A major focus of the role with be health promotion, health education/counselling, care navigation and warm referral to appropriate health and community services, and advocacy with relevant stakeholders and service providers.
- Registered Nurse Division 1 with registration with current practicing registration with AHPRA, Minimum 3 years post-graduate experience within a community setting
- Demonstrates integrity and reliability, and fosters open honest communication, role models a positive outlook even during challenging times
- Establishes respectful professional relationships that have clear boundaries with residents, staff and partner organisations
- Demonstrates self-awareness and the ability to self-regulate during difficult situations, high degree of initiative and the ability to work autonomously as a part of a broader team in a diverse community environment
- Broad experience working with community members in vulnerable circumstances who have may have experienced issues related to their mental health, family violence or alcohol and other drug use
- Demonstrated understanding of the social model of health and the importance of community engagement and self-determination
Having a great work culture really means a lot to us. And a big part of that is having values that are aligned with one another - and with cohealth! This is why we're looking for someone that reflects cohealth's values of Inquiry and Innovation, Respect, Courage, Social Equity, and Trust.
We are accepting and reviewing applications immediately
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.