Service Access Worker
0.6 Maternity Leave Coverage until 30 April 2022
So why cohealth?
At cohealth, we're passionate about human rights and health equity. We strive to have a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we're serving, as we know that makes us a stronger and better-performing organisation.
We value people of all experiences and identities, including all cultural backgrounds, faiths, gender identities, sexualities and abilities. Our inclusive workplace culture enables staff to bring their whole selves to work, where uniqueness is valued, and people experience a feeling of belonging.
We're committed to enabling staff's full participation through promoting workplace flexibility and the provision of reasonable adjustments for staff that require modifications.
About the role
The Service Access Team is a centralised intake and information service for individuals referred to, or interested in accessing, allied health and other cohealth services. The Service Access Worker position strives to provide a responsive, timely, and seamless experience for clients and referrers. This position is fixed-term for maternity leave coverage and is based in Footscray.
Your daily duties will vary but your main focus will include:
- Displaying courteous, friendly and helpful service, and be the first point of entry for clients wishing to access services at cohealth
- Complete an initial needs identification for people accessing services for the first time
- Explaining privacy and consent, whilst assisting clients to access health and community services (both internally and externally)
- Assessing eligibility and where necessary, priority for cohealth services
- Providing clients with appointments or placing them on the appropriate waiting list/s
- Handling calls and requests to reschedule and/or cancel appointments
Additional information can be obtained from the attached position description.
- Demonstrated customer service experience, with proven administrative and organisational skills with an ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of health and community services
- Ability to manage varied high priority tasks within limited time frames
- High-level interpersonal skills and ability to support others with day to day problem-solving
- You are a positive, solution focussed, enthusiastic and energetic person
- High-level computer skills, including experience in the use of client management systems
- Proven ability to elicit initial needs from clients and identify broader needs as appropriate
Click on apply now to be directed to our careers page. You will be asked to upload your CV/ resume and answer the questions provided on Talent Propeller.
For any questions about the role please contact Jenny Xerri by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org