Dentist - Level 3A
0.42 EFT Maternity Leave cover
Fixed term until March 2019
Based at our Oral West site, Footscray
Work/life balance is what you get working at cohealth. As well as lifestyle comes:
- A professional, committed workforce and highly supportive community;
- Variety in work and a sense of achievement;
- Not for profit salary packaging which can significantly increase your take home pay;
- Work within an ambitious and fast paced environment and join a team with a heart! Love what you do!
As a values-based organisation with a focus on delivering a range of high quality, innovative and effective services, cohealth's culture reflects humanistic values and a workplace of choice for those in the community sector. It is equally important that our workforce is engaged, values-based, high performing and agile to ensure that strategic, operational and personal goals are achieved.
Cohealth's Oral Health Program provides a range of preventive, restorative and health promoting activities to enhance the Oral Health of the community at their sites in Kensington, Niddrie and Footscray.
Our model of care enables our clients to share decision making with their oral health practitioners and have a preventive and minimal intervention approach. Client care plans are developed with collaboration of dental clients and the entire oral health team of dentists, dental and oral health therapists, dental hygienists, dental prosthetists, oral health educators and dental assistants. This results in a care plan specific to clients individualised needs and ensures clients commence their journey with a preventive focus to enable them to self-manage their oral health care.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must possess the following:
- Has a qualification in dentistry, eligible for registration as a dentist with the Dental Board of Australia;
- Has demonstrated high level of clinical competence;
- Is commitment to dental public health and integration of dental with general health;
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- A current Victorian driver's licence; and Working with Children Check.
Highly desirable attributes:
- Ability to speak relevant second language and understanding of cross cultural issues;
- Advanced computing skills including use of statistical, spread sheeting and word processing applications; and
- Demonstrated understanding of clients with complex needs
Join us. Be part of our collective knowledge, Apply NOW!
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the General Dentists' Victorian Public Sector Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017, Level 3
To be considered for the role, you must address the Key Selection Criteria (with clear headings) within your cover letter. The Key Selection Criteria can be found in the attached Position Description.
Applications close on 29th April
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)