AOD Counselling & Recovery Worker - Inner North
2 Positions available
Part-time 0.8 EFT negotiable, Ongoing
Based across Inner North
We are looking for two experienced AOD Counsellors, to work with clients to provide behaviour changing interventions, as well as assisting people with healthier lifestyles, free from alcohol and/or drug use
We are delighted that you are taking an interest in working for cohealth. We can offer you a position to work with a great team of people and be supported in a caring, family friendly environment.
Benefits & culture
We believe in developing our people to assist in driving continuous improvement within the organisation. At the same time we are dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish. We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference
Our service operates as a multidisciplinary team that values personal, professional and academic experience. We work together, support each other, engage in reflective practice and are accountable to service users via regular consultative conversations with service users. Aimed at ensuring service users are involved in evaluating and designing service offerings, that are appropriate to and which meet their stated needs.
These positions sit within the Counselling and Treatment Team within the broader AOD Response team. The key features of the counselling role include:
- The delivery of robust, evidence-based and therapeutic interventions for individual, group and family counselling;
- A focus on recovery-oriented care;
- Priority access for ‘complex' clients and those transitioning to and from bed-based services;
- The use of new technologies as an adjunct to counselling. Where the catchment based intake and assessment unit assesses a person as needing counselling, they will be referred for this service;
- The counselling stream incorporates face-to-face, online and telephone counselling for individuals and families, as well as group counselling and day programs;
- Clinical assessment and review is an ongoing process throughout the service period and this information will be shared with other services, where appropriate; and
- At completion of counselling treatment, clients will leave with an exit plan or will continue to work with the care and recovery coordination function for further supported referral.
We are seeking self-motivated and friendly individuals with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Social Work, Psychology or similar and have eligibility to join the relevant professional body. Other appropriate tertiary qualifications may also be considered;
- Ability to complete AOD assessments with clients;
- Demonstrated experience working in the Drug & Alcohol sector, or in working effectively with people with Drug & Alcohol issues;
- Experience in the provision of a high standard of client-centred, evidence-based short to medium-term counselling for the target population;
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, Harm Minimisation principles;
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
If you're a hard-working, reliable individual who enjoys interacting with the community and genuinely making a difference, please apply
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Community Health Centre (Stand Alone Services) Social and Community Service Employees Multi Enterprise Agreement 2013 - 2015, Social Worker Class 2 (SCHADS Level 4)
Applications close on 29th April
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)