Full-time, ongoing + ADO
Based between Footscray
Not for Profit "Salary Sacrificing" benefits on top of your salary, and most importantly, job satisfaction!
As a values-based organisation with a focus on delivering a range of high quality, innovative and effective services, cohealth's culture reflects humanistic values and a workplace of choice for those in the community sector. It is equally important that our workforce is engaged, values-based, high performing and agile to ensure that strategic, operational and personal goals are achieved.
About the role:
Within this position you will ensure the provision of high quality, efficient, effective and safe dental services to clients by undertaking dental assisting duties consistent with best practice and infection control standards, client-focused care, professionalism and an emphasis on teamwork in the dental surgery and within the entire dental team.
As the Dental Assistants, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing quality clinical chair side assisting the dental operators, providing a client focused dental care;
- Ensuring the appropriate storage and collection of infectious wastes;
- Assisting with the induction and mentoring of new staff, trainees, agency staff and students; and
- Assisting in the provision of health promotion and screening to clients and parents in the community setting.
To be successful in this role you have the following attributes:
- Certificate III in Dental Assisting;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across a multi-disciplinary service and with marginalised clients, including CALD groups;
- Highly developed written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills, effective time management and ability to prioritise workload;
- A current Victorian driver's licence; and
- Previous experience in the public dental system and/or the ability to speak a relevant second language and understand cross-cultural issues (desirable).
Our team believes passionately, that everyone deserves the very best dental treatment and is committed to providing exceptional service and patient care in a relaxing, trusting and respectful environment.
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Victorian Public Health Sector (Health Professionals, Health And Allied Services, Managers & Administrative Officers) Enterprise Agreement 2011-2015 Dental Assistant 2.6
To be considered for the role, you must address the Key Selection Criteria (with clear headings) within your cover letter. The Key Selection Criteria can be found in the attached Position Description.
Applications close on 29th April
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)