Physiotherapist - Better Health Team
Part time 0.8 to 0.9EFT negotiable
Fixed Term until January 2019
Parental Leave cover
Based in Kensington
Calling all qualified Physiotherapists
Are you ready to embrace a role with plenty of variety, for an organisation who is going from strength to strength? Then here is your chance!
- Not for Profit "Salary Sacrificing" benefits on top of your salary
- An opportunity to contribute to the care and quality of life for our clients
- Join our positive, friendly and supportive work environment
- Keep your work-life balance in check with the flexibility of part-time hours
An exciting opportunity is available for a dynamic individual to join our welcoming Kensington Better Health Team. Comprising allied health, nursing and counselling health professionals. Our services are underpinned by principles of inter professional practice (IPP) and service coordination. Team members are also supported in utilising a strengths-based approach when working with clients.
You will be responsible for providing quality community based outpatient Physiotherapy services to individuals and groups. This includes assessment, diagnosis and treatment of clients with musculoskeletal, cardiorespiratory and some neurological conditions from age six and above.
We require you to have the knowledge and ability to treat both acute and chronic conditions according to evidence-based practice; be able to draw on the findings of the assessment and diagnosis to ensure treatment is planned and provided utilising appropriate techniques. These include but are not limited to manual therapy, exercise therapy, health education, advocacy, illness prevention, goal directed care and self-management strategies.
This position will ideally be suited to someone who:
- Holds a Tertiary Qualification in Physiotherapy with at least two years clinical Physiotherapy experience;
- Substantial experience as a Physiotherapist in a Community Health environment and/or demonstrated experience working with marginalised communities and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- Have demonstrated clinical competency in the areas of musculoskeletal cardiorespiratory and/or neurological outpatient physiotherapy;
- Have demonstrated experience as a member of a multidisciplinary team, forming collaborative working relationships, as well as an ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles of community health; and
- Have a sound decision making skill, with a focus on identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities.
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference then capitalise on the opportunity to make a difference to your career - apply today
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Victorian Stand Alone Community Health Centres, Health Professionals Multi-employer enterprise agreement 2012 - 2016, Physiotherapist Grade 2 (year dependant on experience).
Applications close on 25th April
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)