Volunteer Connecting Mates and Mentors
Inner, Northern & Western suburbs of Melbourne
A series of information sessions will be held
The Connecting Mates and Mentors Program aims to reduce social isolation and foster confidence for people who are experiencing mental health issues.
The program has two distinct volunteering roles:
The Mate will accompany the client that they have been matched with to activities in the community.
The Mentor will assist the client in tailoring and achieving specific goals within the community.
- Meet with the client in the community on a regular basis to support the client to achieve goals;
- Attend orientation training, which will outline what you can expect in your role as a Mate or Mentor and introduce you to cohealth's values and services;
- Attend activities/community services with the client which you will arrange with the client based on your common interests;
- Report any incidents/accidents to the supervisor (usually the Volunteer Coordinator);
- Follow the guidelines of the program maintaining appropriate boundaries; and
- Access support from Volunteer Co-ordinators as required by yourself or program staff.
Connecting Mates and Mentors program is inviting you to participate and be trained in an innovative cohealth volunteer program. The program is operational to assist people recovering from mental health issues. Volunteers will be matched with a client to build professional friendships or to act as a mentor and meet within the community, for a couple of hours weekly or fortnightly. The program is designed to aid recovery, increase community engagement and enhance life skills.
Further details available please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 03 9448 5510
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au