Being a nurse, you're already a compassionate, caring individual by definition. You wouldn't have a career if that wasn't the case.
Casual position available
Working across Joslin Clinic & Paisley Street Footscray
Enjoy the flexibility of casual work - Work, Life, Balance
We're seeking applications from nurses who can exercise a high level of professional autonomy and responsibility in a community setting. Applicants will have a strong interest in primary health care and a commitment to improving the health of our local communities
cohealth operates General Practice Clinics across the North and West regions of metropolitan Melbourne. As a key part of cohealth's service, the GP practices are a key gateway into other health and wellbeing services across cohealth's many sites and programs.
Reporting to the Practice Manager, this busy role is responsible for the day to day running of the nursing practice in conjunction with the medical clinic at the Joslin Clinic and Paisley Street sites. The Practice Nurse will provide high level support to GPs to ensure the smooth running of the clinic.
This position would be ideally suited to someone who:
- Is a registered Nurse Division 1 with current practicing license with AHPRA (Victorian Nurses' Board) with minimum of 3 years postgraduate experience;
- The ability to work autonomously across a multi-disciplinary service and with a wide range of diverse client groups;
- Experience working with people from culturally and socio economically diverse backgrounds. With the ability to speak a relevant community language would be an advantage
- Possesses a high level of written, oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Is proficient with ICT systems, including Microsoft Office programs and patient/client management systems; plus has the ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Holds a current Victorian driver's licence.
If you're an innate problem-solver and thrive in a team setting, then you're exactly who we'd like to speak to- especially if you have experience within a community setting
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Health Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020. Registered Nurses Grade 2 (year dependent on experience)
To be considered for the role, you must address the Key Selection Criteria (with clear headings) within your cover letter. The Key Selection Criteria can be found in the attached Position Description.
Applications close on 25th March
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)