HARP Diabetes Nurse Educator
Part-time 0.4EFT, ongoing
A supportive, flexible and autonomous work environment
Valued as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
Based across cohealth Niddrie and Kensington sites, GP practices and other community health sites in the Melbourne Health catchment
If you're ready to further your career as a Diabetes Educator within a welcoming and supportive environment, this is the unique opportunity you've been waiting for. In exchange for your hard work, you'll be well rewarded. In addition to your take-home pay, you'll have access to Not for Profit 'Salary Sacrificing' benefits on top of your salary and our full support at each and every turn. You'll enjoy the flexibility of part-time hours and we understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance! And most of all, you'll appreciate the fact that you're now making a positive difference to the lives of our clients.
Diabetes Co-Management Service (DCS) is operated by cohealth and Merri Health as part of Melbourne Health's Hospital Admission Risk Program (HARP) Complex Care Program (a Health Independence Program). HARP provides free specialist treatment, care planning, education and support to help people with chronic and complex health issues to manage independently and reduce the risk of being admitted to hospital. The key objectives of HARP are to:
- Improve client outcomes;
- Provide integrated seamless care within and across hospital and community sectors;
- Reduce avoidable hospital admissions and Emergency Department presentations; and
- Ensure equitable access to health care.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Diabetes Education, plus Credentialed Diabetes Educator;
- Experience in diabetes education nursing including, acute and chronic clinical assessment skills, and understanding of diabetes processes and treatment;
- Experience in similar organisation in the provision of health and community services, clinical service planning, and case management;
- Experience and expertise in managing complex clients with multiple health and psychosocial issues;
- The ability to work well within a team, being both accountable for your own practice as well as driving accountability in other team members also; and
- A curious and positive approach to your work life, continuously striving to contribute to the growth and development of cohealth as a provider of choice.
On some occasions, staff may be required to use their own vehicle to attend home visits and/or meetings, reimbursements will be provided.
Join us. Be part of our collective knowledge, Apply NOW!
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Nurses and Midwives (Victorian public health sector) single interest employers' enterprise agreement 2016-2020, Registered Nurse, - Grade 4B Year 2
To be considered for the role, you must address the Key Selection Criteria (with clear headings) within your cover letter. The Key Selection Criteria can be found in the attached Position Description.
Applications close on 25th March
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)