Team Leader - VAP Intake and Brief Response
Full time or Part time, 0.8 to 1 EFT negotiable, ongoing
Based in Footscray
We are delighted that you're taking an interest in working for cohealth. cohealth is a values driven organisation at the forefront of multi-disciplinary team based community care. If you are looking for an opportunity to work closely with the local community and are committed to providing support and assistance to those who require it - then this is the place for you!
cohealth's Victims Assistance Program (VAP) offers specialist responses to victims of violent crime including intake and brief intervention, case management, (brokered) counselling services, and community education. Practice is evidence based, trauma-informed and client-focussed. VAP staff work across multiple locations and police colocations in Melbourne's west comprising of Brimbank, Maribyrnong, Melton, Hobsons Bay and Wyndham.
Within this unique role, you will work in close collaboration with the leadership group providing strong and responsive leadership across all aspects and locations of the VAP program.
Our Intake and Brief Response Team Leader is responsible for:
- All aspects of the operational leadership of the VAP Intake and Brief Response function (Note intake is a phone based service);
- Providing site leadership when required;
- Contributing positively to the leadership and culture of the VAP program as a whole;
- Contributing to VAP planning and developmental work including, from time to time, leading developmental projects;
- Representing VAP in local forums and contributing to partnership efforts; and
- Building pathways and collegiate relationships between VAP and other cohealth services and professional practice groups.
We're seeking a suitably qualified and experience Team Leader with:
- Ideally, a minimum of 5 years' experience in a service delivery area relevant to VAP or one or more of its functions (i.e. Intake, counselling, therapeutic work, legal, case management),; eligibility for registration with the appropriate professional body
- Experience in leading a team who work with clients who have complex needs or who have experienced trauma and/or who are victims of crime, or demonstrated leadership attributes in this area;
- Demonstrated commitment to evidence based practice and continuous quality improvement; and
- Personal attributes including flexibility, initiative, professionalism, integrity, attention to detail, a focus on positive outcomes, self-awareness and the ability to self-regulate during difficult situations;
- Strong cultural competency skills and understanding, including high level verbal, written and administrative skills; and
- Most importantly; you'll be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values.
There are many perks to being a cohealth employee including excellent working hours, being eligible for more than $15 000 worth of salary packaging, opportunities to attend quality staff development, progression opportunities and the chance to lead a passionate, collegial team as dedicated as you are.
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Community Health Centre (Stand Alone Services) Social and Community Service Employees Multi Enterprise Agreement 2013 - 2015, Social Worker, Class 4, year 2 (SCHADS Level 6 Pay Point 3)
You must include in your application a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria contained within the attached Position Description, as well as your CV.
Applications close on 15th March
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)