Planned Activity Group (PAG) Worker
Part time 0.69 EFT, ongoing
Based at Essendon Adult Day Centre
We put our people first, not just our participants. We recognise that our success is a direct reflection of our people. At the same time we are dedicated to creating a working culture where you can flourish. We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference, we also offer;
- Ongoing professional development opportunities;
- Keep your work-life balance in check with the flexibility of part-time hours;
- Not for Profit ‘Salary Sacrificing' benefits on top of your salary; and
- Work within an ambitious and fast paced environment and join a team with a heart! Love what you do!
The Essendon Adult Day Centre (EADC) provides a range of day programs predominantly for older people with high needs, including frail aged and people with memory loss /dementia and/or other disabilities.
The programs provide opportunity for meaningful social engagement and activities in a supportive environment, Program activities are designed to optimise participants' health and wellbeing and draw on their personal strengths. The program aims to build capacity, prolong independent community living and enhance physical activity, cognitive stimulation, healthy nutrition, emotional well-being and social inclusion.
As an Activity Worker, your key responsibilities will comprise:
- Person Centred Care;
- Program Planning and monitoring; and
- Collaborative team work
This role is suited to someone who is passionate about working in a rewarding field. You must be enthusiastic, open-minded and compassionate, in addition to
- Holding one or more of the following qualifications;
- Minimum Certificate 3 in HACC Aged Care/ Disability
- Certificate 4 in Leisure and Lifestyle
Desirable additional qualifications
- Certificate in Food Handling (unless covered in Certificate 3 above)
- Current Level 2 First Aid certificate, including CPR, or willingness to complete
- Sound knowledge base and relevant experience in running PAGs with this client group;
- Possessing well developed time management and organisational skills, including the ability to multi-task;
- Having the ability to establish respectful professional relationships that have clear boundaries with clients, staff and partner organisations;
- Actively listening to, and seeking out opinions and ideas from others, including participants and carers; and
- Holding a current Victorian driver's licence.
If you have what we are looking for, do not delay - APPLY NOW.
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Community Health Centre (Stand Alone Services) Social and Community Service Employees Multi Enterprise Agreement 2013 - 2015 - Welfare Worker Class 1, year dependent on experience
.Applications close on 18th March
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)