Dietitian - Grade 2
Part time, 0.7EFT until 30 June 2019
Based in Kensington, Victoria
Join our positive, friendly and supportive Better Health Team
Not for Profit "Salary Sacrificing" benefits on top of your salary
At cohealth we put our people first, not just our clients. We recognise that our success is a direct reflection of our people, so we've created an environment that facilitates professional development, knowledge exchange and learning. This is so our people can confidently deliver exceptional service and care, as experts in our industry.
As a cohealth Dietitian you will be responsible for quality community based dietetics services to both individuals and groups. This comprises of assessment and management of clients with a wide range of medical conditions, disabilities, older people and their carers. Our service is provided using health promoting and self-management strategies. You will be responsible for client care in accordance with current best practice and the strategic directions of cohealth.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for the dietetic service, ensuring the provision of high quality care for individuals and groups with a range of nutrition problems;
- Providing timely services across a range of funding sources including My Aged Care, NDIS and HACC in line with agreed daily targets;
- Contributing to and participating in health promotion programs including planning, implementing and evaluate programs in response to community needs and in consultation with other staff;
- Ensuring that statistical records and accountability information is prepared accurately and forwarded in a timely manner; and
- Adapting to a client-centered approach, through the development of goal directed care plans.
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with;
- Tertiary qualifications in Nutrition and Dietetics, acceptable to the membership of the Dietitians' Association of Australia (DAA);
- Highly developed written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills, effective time management and ability to prioritise workload;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across a multi-disciplinary service and with marginalised clients, including CALD groups;
- Commitment to working collaboratively with consumers, co-workers and staff from other organisations to achieve best client outcomes; and
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating a range of preventative and community education / health promotion programs.
If this is you, then here at cohealth, we have an opportunity that will challenge you, motivate you and revitalise your passion for healthcare.
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Public Health Sector (Medical Scientists, Pharmacists and Psychologists) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2012-2016, Dietitian Grade 2, year dependent on experience.
To be considered for the role, you must address the Key Selection Criteria (with clear headings) within your cover letter. The Key Selection Criteria can be found in the attached Position Description.
Applications close on 28th January
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.